Saturday, 10 March 2012

Trenching done at last!

What a chore the trenching ended up being. Stuart spent every night this week out there, straight after work until after dark trying to get the job completed. He also took Thursday off, and had some assistance from Matt & Alan one afternoon. With Matt's assistance again this morning, it has finally been finished, and is now waiting for the electrician to do their bit on Tuesday.
I don't want to complain about the weather, as thankfully we didn't get any flooding when so many have, but my goodness has our land absorbed a bit of water. To be blunt it's a boggy mess.  I was out there for a bit on Thursday with Stu - my main job seemed to be driving the Rodeo with the snatch strap attached to the Kanga to pull it out of yet another bog...

Bogged again. We have lost count of how many times this has happened.

Just to give you an idea of the state of the ground...

This afternoon he will be filling in the original trench we decided not to use, and after that it will be back to working on the shed again.
Due to the rain, the concrete polishing has been delayed again. It is now scheduled to begin next Wednesday. It is expected to take about a week and a half to complete.
We have also been advised that the transformer works are scheduled to be done on Friday 16th March, so we should have power organised when the time comes for KB to begin the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment